Screen Capture Elite
How to Use
To use Screen Capture Elite you must first identify the icon . By left clicking it you have activated its default action (this can be changed in options). When the button is clicked it will either save, save as or copy to clipboard depending on your default settings:
In this situation, the addon will now allow me to select a region of the page and the icon will turn into a flash icon to let you know it is activated. I can then draw a box anywhere on the page by left clicking and dragging a box and releasing the mouse button.
Once I release the mouse button it will ask me to give the image a name. Once I give it a name and hit save, the image will now be saved in it’s default location. In this case, the desktop.
You also have an option to take off the button or change it’s location to the toolbar if you would prefer to have it there.
- You have the option to either save a “selection on page” which is a region you draw with the tool. A “complete page” is everything on the web page including any of the page hidden from view unless you scroll. You can also save the “visible page” which is everything on the web page you can see in front of you on screen. Lastly you can capture the “entire window” which is everything including the webpage, toolbars, scroll bar and menu bar.
- You can choose to either save, save as, or copy your screen capture. the “Save” function saves the image as today’s date and time. Save as, lets you name your image before saving and copy simply copies the image directly into your clipboard so you can paste it where you wish.
- You can choose to save the image as png or jpeg. These are currently the only image formats Fire Fox supports.
- “Directory for saving” is where you images will be saved. To change this location you can manually type the path of the folder you wish to save the images or click the field and browse to the location.
When you make a screen capture a box will pop up in the bottom right hand corner of the webpage to show you that the capture was successful and where it has been saved:
If you would like to cancel a selection, just press the Esc Key on your keyboard.
If you would like to customize your addon you can go to Tools > Add-ons > (Find Screen Capture Elite) and click Options.
You can also see the Screen Capture Elite icon in the Fire Fox status bar. You can right click the icon and select “Options…”.
You can customize Screen Capture Elite in a variety of different way to your liking by going in to Screen Capture Elite Options.
Here you can customize the look of the selection function when you draw a box of the selection of the webpage you want to save or copy.
- Selection region colour is the inside area of the box. We recommend leaving this as white and 0% opacity so you can easily see the selection you are saving or copying.
- Selection around colour is all the space around the box you draw. You can choose any colour and set the opacity to your liking.
- Another option you have is to add a border and choose a colour. Make sure the opacity is set to above 0% if you would like to see it.
- “Scroll Speed” lets you choose the speed in which the page will scroll when you’re selecting part of the screen beyong what’s visable and you need to drag down or up for a screen capture.
- Here you can set a hotkey for any screen capture action. Simply select the action and then choose which key modifier “shift and/or ctrl” and set the key in the empty box and then click “set hotke
How to Use
You can disable Screen Capture Elite by going Tools > Add-ons > (Find Screen Capture Elite) and click Disable.
You can uninstall Screen Capture Elite by going Tools > Add-ons > (Find Screen Capture Elite) and click Uninstall.